Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Orange Creamsicle Cake Pops

 

Ok, call me predictable…but who didn’t see this coming ;) After tasting the deliciousness of the Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes, I couldn’t help but try baking a cake and making cake pops out of it! The end results…hold on…had to wipe the drool off my keyboard. Ok, the end results were just as, if not more, yummy than the cupcakes! Oh yes, I said that! The orange/vanilla cake, vanilla frosting, and vanilla coating were an explosion of tasty cupcake all packed in to a bite sized (multiple bites if you eat gracefully…haha!) cake pop! 


I followed the same recipe to the make the cake as I did when I made the Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes; the only difference is that I used half can of frosting versus homemade…only because I ran out of confectioners sugar to make more. Next time I will definitely try homemade frosting! For the candy coating, I decided to use...what other than...orange :) Wow, I really am predictable! 


I used white sprinkles on some of cake pops...


 and decided to “get a little crazy” and try a candy writer…I know, look at me being all wild! It took me a little while to get used to writing with it, but in the end, I think they turned out great!



 I had to pay tribute to three of the most important things in my life…my daughters. They are the reason my face hurts from smiling too much, for wiping away the tears from laughing so hard, and the reason why my heart is filled with love. They are my pride and joy!!  

Kayla, Madilyn, & Raegan


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket